hii, everyone!! welcome or welcome back to a curly sue’s ramblings🤎 i hope you’re all having a lovely day. soo, here we have another monthly recap – how did 2 months in 2022 go by already? February went by quite quickly for me.🤧
is it just me or are my intros getting shorter every post i write-😭😂
i wrote an entire paragraph in last month’s wrap up – complaining about schools closing again here, and online schooling. ironically, i received a message few days later that.my.school.is.reopening. i was so, so overjoyed-🥳
and yes, it was great going back to school. another set of exams, seeing my friends again..😌✌ i actually didn’t have a lot of time to read because of this, so my reading time decreased drastically 🙃 it was oreo’s (my dog) bday a couple weeks ago!! he turned one year old. he’s growing up so fast.🤧💜 i wrote a photo post on out in the randomness for his birthday, so definitely check that out!
i met up with my friends a couple times, it was a lot of fun. i watched “enchanto” with my best friend, it was awesome!💚 i have really important exams coming up, so wish me luck.😄
in terms of productivity...well, i got my guitar fixed and tried to learn & practice playing. YouTube wasn’t that much of a help🙁. i‘ve also been writing in my journal often. which is one of my goals for this year. so i guess that’s a good thing. i haven’t worked on my blog all that much and i’m trying to work on posting more frequently.
update: i accidentally broke a string on me guitar while tuning.
♡books i read
- The girl on the train by Paula Hawkins – the first few chapters had me hooked – then…it started to get really boring. it wasn’t that intriguing or page-turning for a mystery, and the ending…meh.
- The poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – i’ve been wanting to read this book, and found it in my school’s library! it was fantastic, the verse format made it a quick book to finish too.
- The hate u give by Angie Thomas – such an incredible book, and shares a powerful message. a must-read for everyone.
- All your twisted secrets by Diana Urban– honestly, this is just like One of Us is Lying. just expect more drama than suspense.
- Friends for life by Andrew Norriss – this is a sweet story about friendship. it was a short & captivating read, too. would recommend.
- Clap when you land by Elizabeth Acevedo – wasn’t that enjoyable, honestly. but i kind of liked the plot. it deals with grief, family and finding oneself.
- The Black Flamingo – Dean Atta – a must read! loved the representation. it’s also written in verse. i love reading those kind of books.
- The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes- this sequel wasn’t as good as the first book, but it was still enjoyable, and i liked the unpredictability in this book. it was quite confusing though.
- This is where it ends by Marieke Nijkamp – a lot of people disliked this book, but i thought it was amazing. a fast-paced read that is deep, dark & emotional and even made me cry.
- Falling Over Sideways by Jordan Sonnenblick – cringe. the humor was good, i guess. i liked the sweet father-daughter relationship between claire & her dad.
- She drives me crazy by Kelly Quindle – this was so cute!! and it has indian.queer.rep. and enemies/rivals to lovers. loved it!
♡reviewing goals + goals for march
- Read 10 books, or more – yESS.
- Read the “Six of Crows” duology – nOpe. i started reading the first book, put it down, haven’t picked it back up. yet. maybe next month.
- Do a book review on my blog – nope. but i guess i wrote a mini review of all the books in this post?
- Spend less time on screens – sort of? i spend 6/7 days a week in school and gadgets aren’t allowed there, so my screen time reduced quite a bit.
- Post 3 videos on Oreo’s YouTube – hah, no.
- Do a birthday post for Oreo’s birthday – i didn’t do one on this blog but on out in the randomness, and i didn’t say what blog i’d do it on – so that counts..
- Don’t forget to complete my online exams. (I tend to) – well, there were no online exams. and i did attend all the offline exams though, so yes?
- Fix my guitar and practice – meh, not really. i have to get it fixed again now that one string’s gone again. but yes, i did practice. a tiny bit.
- score over 90% in exams in march
i’m going to keep the same goals for march too.
♡blogs of the month
- madeline @ the bookish mutant
- chloe @ chloe’s thoughts blog
- luna @ letters of stardust
- ash @ ink words and ash
- danielle @ life of a literary nerd
- dhriti @ tomboy diaries
- bea @ the beahive
- selina @ the never-ending writes
- janhnavi @ love13reading
- sahi @ my world of books
- aamy @ aamy’s imaginations
- phoenix @ books with wings
- prashanna @ reader’s alcove
♡songs on repeat
- serotonin – girl in red: ok so girl in red is my current favorite artist..the lyrics in this song are so relatable.
- we fell in love in october- girl in red: such a vibe-y song..love this one.
- she’s all i wanna be – tate mcrae: so catchy!! the music video was great too.
- swim – chase atlantic: my current favorite band, honestly. if you haven’t listened to chase atlantic- you must.
- message in a bottle – taylor swift: <33333
anndddd i know this was quite a short post, but i had no time to work on it, i completely forgot that February only had 28 days and i was actually supposed to post this yesterday. 😪
that’s why i wrote like half of this post 20 mins before i have to leave for my school bus. i have this exam today and i’m scaReDD… maybe i won’t be if i was actually studying- i’ll edit this once i get back home from school today. 🥱