︵‿୨♡୧‿︵Welcome or welcome back! Today’s post, as the title states – is a January monthly recap…. I’ve been sitting here trying to think of something else to write in this intro, but I don’t really have much to say here, I guess. So, um – let’s get started with this month’s wrap up!
There, I made an intro out of that. 😩
Well, I had high hopes for this month. I was so excited to go back to school, and meet my friends again but…schools closed. We have online classes now, everyday. I’m so done with those.😐 I got my term exam results, and I scored 89% percent overall, I’m kind of (well, really) disappointed bc I know I could do better than that.☹️
The first couple days of this month were quite well spent, according to me, but that was all..I kept up my goals for a week then I just completely forgot about those. I really need to pick up on that😅 I’ve just been on gadgets, reading and hanging out with Oreo (my dog) this month.
Speaking of Oreo, he’s turning A YEAR OLD in February!! Ahh, I remember writing about the day I got him last year. It’s about time January ended, feels like it was going by too slowly. 😵
♡Books I read
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – Okay, I love this book so much! I especially loved the writing, which made the book so natural and real. I related to Cath a lot in various points of this book, and I would definitely recommend!😄
- One of us is Lying by Karen M. McManus – Probably the first actual mystery I’ve read, and I guess I liked it. This book was captivating, and I love books with multiple povs too. The ending was kind of predictable, though. 4/5 stars.
- One of us is next by Karen M. McManus– I didn’t like this book as much as the first one, and I wanted to stop reading at a point. Maybe I should try re-reading sometime, though.
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson – LOVED THIS. This is my current favorite book, and I did a review on it too!
- Good Girl, Bad Blood by Holly Jackson – I just didn’t find this one as interesting as the first, but still loved it anyway! It was a good mystery.
- As Good as Dead by Holly Jackson – This book…I didn’t like it very much. It was super page-turning and suspense filled, but the ending was just, no. Actually, not just the ending but the whole second half.
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman – I actually don’t get why people say this book is so scary? I didn’t like this one that much either.
- Long way down by Jason Reynolds – Okay, this book is just WOW. I have no words. So well written, such an interesting ending too. I read this in one sitting and this book got me out of a reading slump.
- Love that dog by Sharon Creech – a good poetry book. It was confusing, short, sweet and sad. I’d say it was kind of bland, and it gets really sad at the end. I would recommend it if you’re looking for a short and quick read.🤷🏻♀️
- We were liars by E. Lockhart – So over hyped. the writing style bothered me so much, and there’s literally no plot. I only kept reading for the plot twist, which was ok, I guess. But this book was a one star read for me. Would not recommend.😑
- The inheritance games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – I’d recommend this book if you liked “One of us is lying“. It was a good book, but wasn’t as thrilling as I expected, and the ending fell a little flat for me.
- The silent patient by Alex Michealides – I literally have no words. the plot twist left me shook.
♡Songs on Repeat
Here, I’ve linked my 5SOS (5 seconds of summer) playlist. (that I’ve named “5 sauce”😂) I actually have been listening to my playlist quite frequently this month. Here are the top songs!
- Jigsaw – Conan Gray: guys. conan released a NEW SONG!! Honestly, I don’t love it. I don’t dislike it either. But I will continue listening because it’s by Conan Gray.😌
- Wonderland – Taylor Swift: I didn’t listen to this song until earlier this month, and it’s sO catchy – I love it.
- Halley’s Comet – Billie Eilish: wow, this song is just perfection. that’s all I have to say, now go listen to it.
- Traffic Lights – Sara Kays – my sister, who has okay-ish taste in music recommended this to me and OHmYgosh I LOVED LISTENING TO IT!!😮
- Lowkey – NIKI: you’ve probably realized I have incredible taste in music by now.🤣 NIKI is so underrated! also, you must listen to this song if you haven’t already. It’s too awesome not to.
- Delicate – Taylor Swift – ok, why hadn’t I listened to this earlier?😫🤚 this song is just so goOd..
(when you love a song sm but you just can’t bring yourself to write a review and all that comes to mind is “it was good.”)
♡Blogs of the month
︵‿୨♡୧‿︵ I actually did stay updated with the reader, and followed a couple of new blogs! here are some of my favourite blogs of this month:
- Rabhya @Rab’s Bookish Planet
- Ritz @Living, Loving and Reading
- Aashi @Words on Fleek
- Cherelle @A Bolt out of the Book
- Deepthy @Random Specific Thoughts
- Diamond @Build a Bears Furever
- Rayna @Ray is Writing
- Dhriti @The Tomboy’s Attic
- Srishti @The Srishti Blog
- Akshita @Anthology of Akshita’s Thoughts
- Sep @Bookishly Yours
- Siya @The Dramatic Drama
- Riya @Hmmm…
- Diya and Khyati @Booklore
- Silver Stone @The Bored Side of the Phone
♡Goals for February
Ooh, new section in monthly wrap-ups?🙃possibly. Here are my goals for this month.
- Read 10 books, or more
- Read the “Six of Crows” duology
- Do a book review on my blog
- Spend less time on screens
- Post 3 videos on Oreo’s YouTube
- Do a birthday post for Oreo’s birthday
- Don’t forget to complete my online exams. (I tend to)
- Fix my guitar and practice
I hope you had a good month, and happy February!💜 Thank you so much for reading, and I’ll see you next time.