Hey everybody!!! Itz Evin here!😁
Welcome to week 1, part 1 of Blogging with Evin!!
Blogging with Evin is a month long event where I will post EVERY FRIDAY about something related to blogging! It may be tips, guides or some ways to improve/grow your blog!! I’m doing this because I’ve done only ONE post that is related to blogging, and that too, way back in JUNE! I hope this helps you, and it’s gonna be a lot of fun!! I think there’s gonna be 3-5 parts😉
And today, we’re gonna be talking about the must-haves of a blog!!!
- A nice theme.
When I first visit a blog, I look at the design and THEN move on to the content. So you need to have a nice theme, to make your blog look good, and to attract readers too!
some of my favourite themes:
- Scratch pad
- Libre 2
- Pen Scratch 2
- and many more!
2. About page
Your blog should have an about page, so whenever you get a new visitor they can know more about you! My about page. Things you can add in your about page:
- Your name
- where you’re from
- your hobbies
- what you like reading, writing, listening to: etc.
- Why you started blogging
- A picture of yourself/ your bitmoji/ your gravatar.
- and a good message too!
Adding widgets in your sidebar/ footer like archives, top posts and pages, recent posts, tags, categories, calendars etc . This way, even if someone misses out on your posts, they can click on any of these widgets and find them!
4. Chat page/ contact page.
Having a chat page for everyone to talk is a great way to make new friends and interact with your readers! It’s a place where ANYONE can leave a message and talk about anything they want to!
You can start a chat page if you don’t want to share your email through a contact form 😉
5. Logo/ blog button.
I wouldn’t say that this is a must-have, but it’s always fun to swap blog buttons 😉
If you don’t know how a blog button/ swap thingy works,
- A blog button is basically a logo.
- You create a new page titled “blog buttons” or maybe “Blog friends” or something like that and display your button and say “this is my button, comment down if you’d like to swap with me”
- if I want to swap with you, you go to my blog buttons page copy and paste my button in your page, then link it to my blog. That way, others can visit my blog 😉
- when a blogger visits a blog and finds your button on that blog’s page, they may click on it, visit your blog and follow you!
- SO a blog button in conclusion is one of the many ways to grow your blog.
How do I make a blog button?
Blog buttons are actually SO easy to make! I made mine with Canva 😉
(if you’re having trouble, visit this page!)
6. Tagline and a site address.
Think of a REALLY good tagline that kind of describes what your blog is about.
And the site address, of course 😉 you could have a site address with your name on it, like mine which is: evinsblog.wordpress.com. or, you could have it as your blog name like so: acurlysuesramblings.wordpress.com. That is WAY too long, so I just have one with my name! Even if I change my blog’s name, I don’t have to change my site address 😉
7. Email list / social icons.
I’ve definitely discovered a lot of blogs from Pinterest – so having social media separately for your blog does really help you grow it!
Okay so that was just one part!
And the best part?
You get to vote for what I post next friday in this series!!!!!!!!
c’mon DO IT!
Thank YOU✨ for reading! and voting 😉
What did you find useful in this part? lemme know in da comments😝
P.S.S. QOTD: How many winky faces did I use in this post?